Saturday 23 July 2016

Bali in 10 Days


I took a trip to Bali for the second time on the last week of July for 10 days to meet my best friend on the start of his travels and thought I would post my snaps and tips of where to go!

We stayed in Seminyak at the Capsule Hostel- which is great and I really recommend if you want to meet people and stay on the cheap- it's really clean too! 
On our first day we went to WaterBom water park which was great- I would probably recommend not going there during Australian school holidays or get there super early if you do to avoid queues!

On the Sunday we went to Single Fin which is a really good night out in a Surfers Club in Uluwatu- it begins around 4 and finishes at midnight but I recommend getting there for the amazing sunset.


Uluwatu is a really nice day out, we headed to Padang-Padang beach which is small but really scenic and then to the temple for a Balinese dance at 5pm- I recommend getting seats at the top and facing directly at the sunset, as you can see it's so pretty! On the way back from that, the seafood restaurant in Uluwatu is also supposed to be amazing.




We took a trip to Gili Trawangan for a few days which was really nice, it wasn't as party like when we were there as it was Ramadan, so if you are after partying check the Ramadan dates as it's a very religious island so the bars close earlier during those times! Gili T is great for snorkeling, paddle boarding and you can do a quick trip to Gili Air too. 

I recommend hiring a bike and getting around that way, you can cycle the entire island in around 40 mins and scope out all the famous swings on the shore for the must-have swing photo- be prepared that they become very busy around sunset but that is the best time too! 
There's a cool outdoor cinema too where they play movies around midnight. We stayed in a homestay but Broken Compass is the best hostel apparently and it gets booked up so book in advance!

On the way back from Gili T we booked into a hostel in Ubud so that we could have a whole day to do all that's there; if you're staying in Seminyak I recommend you do the same as it is on the way back.

The night we got there I booked to do the Mount Batur climb, you get picked up at 2am and begin climbing the mountain at 3.30am to see sunrise at 5.30am. If you're into hiking I recommend you do this as the sunrise can be great but it is hard work up and on the way down, but it does feel like a great accomplishment and you meet some great people. You get back to your hotel around 9am.






For the rest of the day, we took a trip to the Monkey Forest to feed lots of the little monkeys and to the waterfalls. We didn't visit the rice fields as they weren't in bloom but I had heard that I wasn't missing out on too much anyway!

Mexicola
W Hotel
Other than that Canggu is supposed to be really nice which is the only thing I missed out on doing. In Seminyak, Potato Head Beach Club is a good night out if there any events on or is really nice for sunset. The W hotel doesn't have much atmosphere unless there is an event going on, La Favela and Sky Garden are popular nights out too. 
Enjoy if you're going, and if not I hope I've inspired you to < 3

No comments:

Post a Comment